Dorm Room Essentials

As the 2023 school year comes to an end, many seniors are preparing to graduate, and move on to the next phase of their lives. If your next phase involves getting into college and moving into a dorm room, then you’re in luck! In this article, I have compiled a list of essentials to make your dorm a “home away from home,” for any soon-to-be college student.

Storage:

One of the downsides to on-campus living is a lack of space. Dorm rooms are small, and you may even find yourself sharing one with one or more roommates. Because of this, it is important to maximize storage space and organization.

• Underbed storage
  • Seating that doubles as storage
  • Organization containers
  • Closet Organizer
  • Shelf Organizer
  • Shoe Rack

Bedroom/Living Space:

A good night’s rest and time to relax are crucial for any college student. Consider these items to make your dorm just a bit more cozy.

• Comfy Bedding
  • Pillows and Blankets
  • Portable Heater
  • Portable Fan
  • Mattress Topper
  • Mattress Cover
  • Earplugs/Eyemask
  • Charging Station
  • Noise Cancelling Headphones

Kitchenware:

Why depend on your campus cafeteria, when you can have everything you need, right in your dorm? These items will make dining on a budget feel just a little more luxurious.

• Coffee Pot
  • Britta
  • Silverware
  • Minifridge
  • Plates, Bowls, Cups.
  • Microwave
  • Tumbler and Water Bottle

Bathroom:

Whether you luck out and get your own bathroom, or you share a communal, you’re going to need a few things. Be sure to check these out!

• Shower Caddy
  • Shower Shoes
  • Towel Set
  • Bath Robe

Cleaning:

It’s no secret that a messy environment can increase stress levels. As a college student, added stress is one of the last things you could ask for. Keep your space nice and clean with these essential cleaning products.

• Mini Vacuum/Dust Buster
  • Tide Pens
  • Swiffer

Good luck and congratulations to the graduating seniors of AGHS!