Winter Spirit Week 2023: This or That

AGHS Winter Spirit Week is coming up! Leadership has dedicated the week of January 30th through February 3rd to dress-up days, lunchtime activities, a rally, and the annual Winter Formal Dance. The theme of this year’s spirit week is “This or That.”

Monday’s dress-up theme is “Bikers vs Surfers” with the lunchtime activity of a tricycle biking race. In advisory, there will be a Miracle Minute to raise money for those that have been affected by the recent storm. The goal is to raise $2000, if this goal is reached the students will get to “Sauce the Boss” during the spirit week rally.

On Tuesday, the theme is “Rhyme Without a Reason”, where students can dress up with their friends as things that rhyme. At lunch, there will be a cheese and peas eating contest where participants have the opportunity to win different prizes.

Wednesday’s theme is “Athlete vs Mathlete”, with a lunchtime activity of ultimate frisbee. Thursday is “Preppy vs PJs” with the lunchtime activity of a pillow party.

Friday is “Soccer Mom vs BBQ Dad”, with the staff basketball game being held at lunch.

Following Winter Spirit Week is the annual Winter Formal Dance. The dance will be held at Thousand Hills Ranch on February 4th from 7 to 10 pm. Tickets can be purchased at the student business office for $40 until February 1st and 2nd when prices will rise to $50. All students planning to attend must have their Winter Formal Activity contract signed and turned in in order to attend the dance.